Wednesday, July 23, 2014

kids in a box

I knew the hubs badly wanted a new cooler.  And when Father's Day snuck up on me, I was at a complete loss for which of the 187 available coolers he wanted.  There were too many options, sizes, colors, you name it.  So I took the easy way out and told him he could pick one out for his present.  Oh yes, I gave him an errand for his present.  You're welcome.

And the hubs took a while to pick one out, so it showed up last week.  Wouldn't you know it, just like cats, my kids were all over that box.  Britton was first, naturally.  She gathered "camping supplies," then popped herself into that box and started non-stop giggling.  Sadie went over to check it out (and see if Britton's camping supplies included the goldfish crackers she loves).  Sadly for Sadie, no crackers.


And Barrett walked, yes walked, over to find Britton.  The hubs and I kept up the game, trading comments, "Have you seen Britton?"  "Nope, haven't seen her for a while.  Maybe she went upstairs?"  All the while, Britton is giggling and saying "No!" after each of our asinine comments.  This game went on for a while!


As life with a sibling requires, Britton ended up having to share the box.  She didn't mind, and Barrett thought it was just the neatest thing ever.  The big lesson learned here - give my kids boxes instead of toys!


No comments:

Post a Comment