Friday, July 4, 2014

happy 4th of july!


Am I the only one who thinks the 4th of July snuck up this year?  It wasn't until July 3rd that all the America flags and decorations got put out, and if not for making Britton's skirt, I'd not have remembered it was so close.  Britton is at the age where all holidays are just the most important day of the year ever, so she's been talking up flags and fireworks and Paul Revere and how she had the day off of school.  We invited Memaw and PawPaw to come over, throw some meat on the grill, and hang out for this Independence Day.  


While the east coast was being beat down by Hurricane Arthur, we woke up to beautiful fall-like weather.  It was 68 degrees and sunny and perfect.  I ran out to JoAnns today (no surprise there) to get some fabric, and I picked up some bubbles for Britton.  I also happened to notice that JoAnns has put out their Halloween decorations - seriously people.  Seriously.  But I digress.  I got home and Memaw and PawPaw arrived, and we tried to spend ever minute of this gorgeous day outside.  On the swing set...





And in the kiddie pool!  We all thought it was way too cold, but Britton likes to pretend she's Elsa and that the cold doesn't bother her.  And she does have a pretty good tolerance to the cold.  The pool piqued Barrett's interest though, and he went over to check things out.  Of course he wanted to get in, and the minute I plopped him in his lips turned blue and he started shivering!  



After an incredible steak dinner and a bath and bedtime for Barrett, Memaw, PawPaw, the hubs, Britton and I took our fireworks to the driveway to have some fun.  The hubs and I picked up some sparklers at a stand in a parking lot, and let's just say, these things weren't the finest quality.  It took multiple attempts to get them to stay lit and they gave off a ridiculous amount of smoke. Britton wasn't so sure about the sparklers, and here she is holding her first one...


Not so sure at first, but there's a smile!


I played with my camera settings and managed to get light trails from Memaw's and Britton's sparklers!



The hubs wrote Britton's name with the lit sparklers.  This residue can't be good!  


No comments:

Post a Comment