Tuesday, April 22, 2014

happy easter!

Well, we had a fantastic Easter weekend!  Memaw and PawPaw came to visit, and we stuck with all the tried and true Easter activities.  First up was egg dying.  Honesty moment - I bought the kit with glitter.  You know how glitter is the herpes of the craft world?  Well, it is because that glitter tried to get everywhere. And I had plans to use the eggs for deviled eggs, and glitter-covered eggs don't become good deviled eggs. So we dyed them all, but got away with only glittering two.  Yes!



The classic peanut-butter-filled chocolate-covered egg.  We ate off this all weekend!


The bunny cake.  Ya'll know the bunny cake.  Memaw and Britton make it every year.  And this year Memaw made it with Italian cream cake, so we could eat it for dessert.  



Ok, here's the truth, and let me start off with saying sorry to future Barrett who may or may not ever read this.  I totally forgot to buy him an Easter basket.  Or anything to put into it.  I just figured that a baby can't eat candy, so it slipped my mind to get him anything.  Luckily Memaw did not forget, and she picked up two summer outfits and a stuffed bunny.  The basket was an extra one I had in the garage.  Whoops!


Confetti eggs and egg chalk drawing with PawPaw

While Memaw, Barrett, Britton, and I went on a walk, the hubs and PawPaw hid Easter eggs in the yard.  We heard music while on the walk (ice cream truck maybe?  At 9:00 am?) and I told Britton that the music meant the Easter Bunny was near us and that maybe he was at our house sneaking eggs into the bushes.


  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment