Tuesday, April 15, 2014

cammy's visit

Cammy came to visit us on Saturday!  Before heading out for the airport, there was lunch and some movie time.  Has anyone with children bothered to even remove "Frozen" from the DVD player?  Because, really, my 11-month-old is hooked!

Britton and I found Cammy at the airport and came home, just to throw down Cammy's luggage and get outside.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day!  Warm, sunny, and we took advantage of the summer-like weather to make Cammy some hamburgers on the grill for dinner.



Sunday, however, was not so good.  Yes, we had more sun (we are seriously lacking in sun exposure in Pittsburgh, ya'll), but Cammy wasn't feeling so hot.  She mustered up enough strength to go with me and Britton to Kohls, but once back home she took a turn for the worse.  After a marathon upchucking session, wherein she sounded like the Predator with a stubbed toe, Cammy finally gave in and went to bed.  The hubs, me, Britton, and Barrett all headed out for our neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  


We are getting some use out of this Easter dress!  A dress, which Britton demonstrates, has a great twirling skirt.



Then we headed back home and hung out while we waited for Cammy to emerge from her sick room.  Right before we started making dinner, Cammy came downstairs feeling ever-so-slightly better and ready to play again.  



So Monday morning, we dropped the kids off at school and went shopping.  Dang it all, shopping is so much easier without kids.  And I knew I needed to try on bras (too much info?  Maybe?  I mean, all women, and I'm sure some small percentage of men, buy bras.  It's not taboo, I don't think) and shirts and hunt down random things like Easter egg dying kits (I swear that my entire April paychecks don't go to Easter-related crap) and a bucket hat for Barrett.  Then Cammy and I hit up Famous Footwear, and this was her first time in there.  She damn near skipped the aisles!  Unfortunately, Cammy couldn't find any shoes in her 10.5 size, but me, well, I left with three pairs.  

Then off to a grown-up lunch at Juniper Grill.  Where I took out my phone to take a picture of us, and Cammy goes, "Is this a selfie?"  Her first!


Almost every time we get together with Jessica, there's Scattergories to play.  It's a tradition we love.  Well, now we have a new tradition with Cammy - stalking Facebook people!  Cammy isn't on Facebook, but I am, so I logged on and let her catch up on everyone via their profiles.  Funny, she said, "But you don't actually talk to people, right?  People just post things and other people comment about it and that's it."  And this is why the youth (yute?  "My Cousin Vinny" fans out there?) of today can't have a conversation - they never do on social media!  I told Cammy that us old timers do write back and forth, but the kids these days are all about photos of food and lies about how awesome their lives are.  Holla!

To top off Cammy's trip, and send her home Pittsburgh-style, it started snowing the minute I dropped her off at the airport.  Snowing.  I cannot kid about this or I would cry.  I guess it was Pittsburgh's way of saying good-bye too...

No comments:

Post a Comment