Monday, November 4, 2013

these are a few of my favorite things

Whiskers on kittens?  Warm woolen mittens?  Actually, can I be honest? I've never seen "Sound of Music."  Really.  That all-American childhood experience never happened.  But I've heard that song probably close to 500 times in my life, so it sticks in my head.

First up - Britton's little table was drowning in creative supplies.  Markers, crayons, coloring books, scissors - they were taking up so much space on the table top that she couldn't even use the table.  So I went off to Home Depot for some peg board, then to IKEA for some kitchen wall storage, and boom…an organized creative station!  And peg board bonus - no drilling holes because they were already there.


Special rainbow with glitter manicure for special cruise trip...


So far, Barrett loves sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and his favorite, apples.  This from the boy who wouldn't touch baby food for weeks.


Stealing decorating ideas off of the internet.  Heck, I don't even bother signing into Pinterest anymore.  Just a simple google search, then a click onto "Images" and I'm good to go.  A quick trip to JoAnns for gift tags, sticky letters, felt, and tiny clothespins, and my "grateful" and heart banners were complete!


Every day, on my drive to work, I pass by this mailbox.  Snoopy and his dog house.  It puts a smile on my face every time I see it.  And if I ever live in a neighborhood where the HOA doesn't dictate my mailbox choice (or, where I mercifully don't have an HOA), I'm getting one for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment