Friday, November 22, 2013

fall festival 2013

Who's excited about Fall Festival 2013?  These two!  


Every year Britton's daycare does a Fall Festival where the kids get up by class and sing songs and recite poems.  Britton was figuring out her outfit the night before.   "I want a poufy dress, Mommy."  So we settled on an orange tutu with leggings.  

The hubs and I showed up, legs falling asleep the minute we sat in the tiny chairs.  And the hubs started laughing, pointing at the seat a few rows in front of us.  Yep, Britton's chair was looking back!


Britton had a blast, smiling and waving at the hubs and I, and getting really animated and loud.  I watched the entire performance through my phone while I videotaped her, and I found myself turning into that sappy parent I used to make fun of.  You know, when I didn't get what the big deal was about your kid singing silly songs and wearing a funny flower hat.  Yeah, I get it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment