Friday, April 13, 2012

what i know (and it ain't much)

This has been a sort of odd neutral week for me. Other than Britton being one big raw nerve yesterday (and crumbling into a crying heap if we even so much as looked at her), this week has been neither fast nor slow, neither boring nor exciting, neither trying nor easy. So here's what we've been up to...

We decided to take the whole "make Britton into a tattoo artist" thing a little further and actually put Tinkerbell tattoos on her (she calls them stickers, though). But darn it all if those things don't come off with soap and water! The hub mentioned, after the fact I might add, that you need rubbing alcohol to remove them. I say we get the steel wool out and teach Britton a lesson about the permanence of tattoos, kidding of course! Okay, only a little.




I don't know what Sadie's secret is, but just by looking at her expression you know it's a good one. And please don't mention that she's getting more white on her face, because I know she looks older than the puppy she used to be and I can't deal with her getting older. Kids are one thing, but dogs really should never get old.



Hummingbirds are visiting the feeder hanging off my office window. I was completely distracted by them yesterday, trying to get a good picture, and conveniently forgot to work for an hour at a time.



Memaw and I went to our favorite quilt shop this week and I got a bundle of goodies. The solids are for an isosceles triangle quilt (my first!) and the bunting fabric was just because I liked it. Until I got to the cutting counter and noticed that all the solids are in the bunting fabric. Visions of little boy quilts danced in my head. So I know I'll make them into a quilt, but I don't know for sure what quilt. The Strawberry Fields fat quarters were all that the store had left of that line, and I couldn't just not get it, you know?



I know that this is what happens when Britton is tall enough to reach her dresser top, and drags the hub into her room and shuts the door.



The best thing I've read about parenting on a blog in a long time (original post here).


You know how you end up buying just one more book from Amazon than you intended, so you get the free shipping? It goes like this, in my head, "Well, one book is $6 and this one is $15 and that's only $21 total so if I buy one more book for $12 then it's $33 total, but I get free shipping so it's like the third book is 80% off and I could never get this deal at Barnes and Noble." Yeah, it's like that - but then throw in Pioneer Woman's new cookbook.



The hub had a near-coniption fit over the cover of this magazine. I know I'm making this cake this weekend. I also know that all leftovers of this cake are going with the hub to his office Monday morning, because the cake plus the icing calls for over two pounds of butter!

1 comment: