Friday, April 20, 2012

our week

I made the cake from Better Homes and Gardens! It turned out really good, though the icing called for six sticks of butter.  I only used four because I just couldn't get passed the idea that the cake would taste like it was dipped in butter.


Britton liked it, and I sent the rest of it to work with the hub on Monday morning so I wouldn't want to eat the entire thing myself!



Here's Britton last Sunday afternoon after the car ride home from Memaw and PawPaw's house. She naps all week at daycare but come Saturday and Sunday she refuses. I still try to put her down for a nap, but no longer get all bent out of shape if she won't comply. But the reason I had to take this picture was because I never really get to see Britton sleeping. She goes to bed at night and falls asleep within minutes of me leaving the room, but I don't dare ever go back in since Britton is a light sleeper.  Isn't she just so sweet here?




And Britton started ballet classes at daycare this week! There is a traveling dance teacher that goes to the different daycares in the area and teaches for a thirty minute class once a week. Surprisingly, I got an email from the teacher that the recital is on May 21st. Huh? Turns out while they hold classes all year, I managed to sign up Britton one month before the recital! Here are her ballet shoes, and I added the apple for size comparison.


This is Britton pretending to be PawPaw by wearing his glasses and hat. The whole thing cracked her up! And Memaw and PawPaw too, that is until Britton went to throw the glasses!


We were watching Dora the Explorer together this week and during this episode I happened to look up when Dora and the gang were water-skiing in a river, being pulled by a pink dolphin, and then when she and Cousin Diego rode condors. Seriously, this is my WTF? moment of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment