Tuesday, April 10, 2012

a girly quilt



I had some leftover fabric from Britton's "Children on Parade" shirt, and the flowered fabric and pinwheel fabric are part of the same line. That stack of beautiful fabric was just waiting to be made into something, and dang it all I didn't know anyone having a baby girl. But I figured, why not just make a baby girl quilt anyways?

When I mention quilting to my sister, she asks me how the planning is going on my 82nd birthday party. Seriously. I know it's an uncommon hobby for someone who is 33 years old, but it's my stress-relief, my therapy. There is something absolutely calming about taking little pieces of fabric and making something out of them.

Anywho, long story short, I really wanted to try out a new pattern (check it out here) and I had the perfect fabric, so now a beautiful baby girl quilt is sitting in my office closet waiting for a home.



I've never used ric rac before in a quilt, and it was the one part of the quilt pattern I was really excited about. And the green stripe was an addition by the hub, who thought the pink and green looked good together, even though it doesn't appear anywhere in the parade colors. He was right - the green works perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment