Wednesday, February 15, 2012

memaw's birthday

Memaw's birthday is today! We did presents when she and PawPaw came over to our house yesterday for Valentine's Day. And we'll all go out to dinner this weekend to celebrate, which tends to happen when a big event occurs during the week.

Britton is attracted to all things tissue paper, so she "helped" Memaw open her gifts. I made the bag, serving double duty as both a gift bag and a present!



I found a cute tutorial online for the heart (click here if you want to check it out) and then added applique letters. I thought the letters would be hard because you have to use two-sided interface and trace the letters on backwards, but once I got into it the whole thing clicked. The fabric has tiny hearts, perfect for the season.




And since Memaw likes sentimental things, especially to do with Britton, I covered Britton's hands in fabric paint and put her handprints on the back of the bag. The perfect finishing touch!



Also, I was so smitten with a photo mug Jessica made for her mother-in-law for Christmas, that I wanted to get Memaw one of her own. I didn't have enough time at Christmas because processing and shipping take about two weeks, so I ordered one right after Christmas for Memaw's birthday! It says "Memaw's Mug" on the bottom and is a travel mug, so she can use it in the car too. Reports have it that she used it all day today!



Happy Birthday, Memaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment