Friday, December 9, 2011

paper towel masterpiece

The other night Britton and I were home alone, and I didn't want to just sit in front of the television watching Dora, and it was too cold and dark to go outside. I suggested to Britton that we color with her markers (this girl LOVES markers), and she was excited. While we were drawing, I started remembering a craft I had seen, involving markers and water and maybe a coffee filter? I'm fuzzy on the details. But I figured we really couldn't mess it up, and Britton was up for my adventure.

We drew on the paper towel with markers, then set it on a paper plate. I handed her a little medicine cup of water, and she poured it on the paper towel. We watched the water creep up the paper towel, and the colors just go crazy. I think I was more impressed than she was! Then I'd hand Britton more water, and we'd just soak the paper towel. Bonus - Britton then used the dripping paper towels to "clean" the table. We did it maybe four or five times and it never got old.




*Note to self: If every $18 Halloween costume has this kind of longevity, I'm in luck. Seriously, she wants to wear it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment