Tuesday, December 6, 2011

decorating for Christmas



No, Britton's not a Christmas decoration! But she's so cute in this picture, long pigtails and baby in her lap, I just had to share. As you know, I am a fanatic about Christmas decorating. As in, the Thanksgiving dinner dishes are done, and I'm bringing down boxes of lights from the attic. I over-estimated my energy this year (and the hub's steadiness on a ladder in the wind), so the lights got completed a couple of days after Thanksgiving. But before December, so I can't complain.

We did the same decorating as last year, with a few new items. Poinsettias (and red in general) were big attractions for me, so we added some to the mantel and a poinsettia garland to the regular garland up the staircase.





I got those glass trees at Costco. They were ridiculously cheap - around $12 for 3 trees, and I love them. But they are very delicate, so if I look at them wrong there's a chance my mantel will be covered in tiny glass shards.

Of course, the Department 56 village. We have a stretch of countertop where we display these, and my piece of "snow" was really big for some reason. Behind the buildings it looks like snow drifts are going up the backsplash. And I have no idea why I didn't put away the vase of lemons, as they are really adding nothing to the display. He he he.




Our family Christmas tree. The bow, for whatever reason, is squashed in the middle, so just posting this picture is giving me the shivers and a need to run in and fix it STAT. We still have our Disney tree in the family room, but Britton has shown a lot more interest in it this year, so almost all of the ornaments cover only the top third of the tree. We put the non-breakable ornaments at the bottom so Britton still has something to take and throw!




No pictures of the outside yet, but I think we really went to the next step. Wreaths, garlands, trees, little Santas, and of course, lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment