Friday, February 25, 2011

sweetened, with extra lemon

Grandma and Grandpa have replaced the blood in their veins with iced tea. I exaggerate, but not by much. In fact, every time they come over to our house, they make iced tea. Using the iced tea maker they bought us. And I'm all for people drinking what they like, and I'm known to indulge in a little iced tea (sweetened, extra lemon) on occasion. I just crack up when I see Grandpa with a Tervis glass, filled to the brim with ice and iced tea because as long as I have known him, I have never seen him drink a glass of water. Iced tea and Coke Classic only. And Britton is catching this iced tea bug from them, whimpering for sips out of the glasses filled with ice and tea. We all oblige, as this southern staple is here to stay in our house.

Is that a fresh pitcher?



Britton shows the gravity of her addiction...



Iced tea smile...



Does anyone but me notice that her outfit is the quintessential "Cammy" outfit? Not that my mom dresses in mismatched prints, but she had no problem with me and my sister "displaying our individuality and creativity" through our clothing. Seriously, for most of our childhood we no doubt looked like color-blind ragamuffins. It was fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dresses that you made--very cute and I am hoping for ones for all the girls in the family. Well, at least Caroline, Emily, and Britton. I miss you and Britton. And I am very proud of the fact that people's stares did not sway me from letting you pick your own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the title of your blog! "Tales from the Outhouse"! Extremely smart!

    The pictures are very beautiful. Is she your daughter, right! She is so beautiful and cute!

    My grandma and grandpa already have gone, but I still have great memories about their!

    I'm brazilian and I liked your blog.

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete