Sunday, February 27, 2011

sew easy

After sewing two dresses (the first being the brown paisley, and the second being this blue and green one which Sadie seems to approve of or at least want to eat)...



I decided to try something new. But, not one to try and learn new things all the time, I stuck to what I was good at and just tweaked it. I mean, it took me three hours to make the first dress. I couldn't just throw away those hard-earned skills. So, I decided to shorten the dress and make a shirt! With pockets! And contrasting pockets and sleeves! Apparently this is super-exciting to me as I am over-using my exclamation point! And did I mention the pink ric rac around the pockets?



Britton saw it after her nap and snagged the shirt as her own. You can see it dangerously close to her snack and sippy cup, and whatever leftover crumbs from breakfast were hovering. But she was so dang happy about it.



Modeling her new shirt for Daddy. Isn't this the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment