Saturday, February 26, 2011

changes to access

Since I started this blog, I have always made it available to the public, so to speak. I didn't set up any security parameters or limitations, hoping to include myself in the wide web of "mommy blogs." In effect, creating a forum to share with family, friends, and strangers who happened upon it my mundane and not-so-mundane life with child.

But I am becoming increasingly aware that this mindset might be naive. I want to believe everyone is good, that nobody would use such a forum to satisfy their own distorted agenda. And I don't believe that my tales and photos of Britton have done anything but illustrate what my life has become because of her. Admittedly, I never use our last name, my husband's name, my place of work, Britton's daycare, or the city in which we live. But really, is that enough?

I don't want to stop blogging altogether, as I hope this will become a memory book of sorts for Britton, a chance to reflect back on a time she will never remember - complete with pictures and stories. I, like most people, like to remember only the positive stuff, and I hope this memoir will paint a picture of how incredibly our lives changed by becoming parents, for the better. And yes, I include the negative aspects of life as well, because when I reached my darkest moments, it was other mother's blogs (those I knew and those I did not) that pulled me out, telling me I wasn't alone.

So, in an effort to be protective of the one person in my family that cannot protect herself, I have changed the settings of the blog to only allow those in who are invited. Unfortunately, I do not have email addresses for all those people who enjoy the blog. So if you would like to continue to have access, please email me (unless you as well have a blog - then you're automatically allowed as a fellow author).

I'm going to give this a little time to see if the changes are for the better. I may need to tweak the settings, so please bare with me. And, as always, thank you for sharing my family with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment