Sunday, January 23, 2011

i heart etsy

I have finally made time to finish Britton's room! Not much needed to be done, except some finishing touches. I really wanted to put a tree on her wall, but I'm not so artsy and my sister isn't close enough to do it for me. So I ventured onto Esty and found a vinyl tree that goes on the wall but doesn't affect the paint or drywall. It may be described as "easily removable" but it was also "not so easy to get it to stick to the walls"! The poor hub got stuck (bad pun intended) trying to get it to adhere to the wall while Britton was in an especially foul mood. Even though my mom and I attempted to distract her while I helped him, Britton only wanted me to hold her. We finally got it put up in pieces over the last week.

It came with butterfly decals as well, but instead I found some whimsical butterflies at Michaels with clips on the back. I screwed small eyehooks into the wall and clipped the butterflies to them. Because we have 12 foot ceilings, I wanted to take advantage of the height and make the butterflies look like they were flying up into the sky. Voila!








I had also had this Etsy artist bookmarked for a while, and decided to go ahead and order the print I loved so much. Can't believe I hemmed and hawed over $15 for so long because it is stunning. See, I sing this song to Britton while changing her diaper in the morning, as it seems to distract her long enough for me to get her business done. But I also used to sing it to her every morning on the way to daycare in Oklahoma. It's our thing, and now this beautiful print hangs outside her bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment