Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year!

The hub's parents took us all out for dinner on New Year's Eve, so we went early to try and avoid the crowds. We tried Chuy's, Mexican food, and it was incredible! One thing I have learned for this new year - if you ever want to entertain a toddler at dinner, forget the Cheesecake Factory or Olive Garden. Go to a Mexican restaurant - festive music, bright colors, tons of people to watch, and stupid fast service. And don't forget the straws!





What else have I learned?

1. A secretary by any other job title is still a secretary. Even if you have a law degree.

2. In regards to #1, the worse the economy the worse the glass ceiling.

3. There are few problems a long hot shower and good nights' sleep won't fix.

4. Moving gets harder the older I get.

5. The deciding factor on how many children you'll have can be the ridiculous cost of daycare.

6. My dog still likes me even when I'm being rotten to her. Sometimes that is harder than if she would just get mad back.

7. Taking off work early to pick up Britton and hang out counts as sick time in my book.

8. People in Texas are some of the worse drivers I have ever seen. Even worse than Maryland.

9. When I work hard and do a good job I throw myself a parade and pat myself on the back. I have to, because so often people mistake gratitude for weakness.

10. If it's not written down, it'll never get done.

Hope everyone has a very happy and prosperous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment