Monday, July 5, 2010

girls' weekend

The hub went to Florida with his dad for the weekend, so Grandma came up to visit and watch Britton so I could get some hours in at work. Britton welcomed her Saturday morning with a fever. Because Britton knows how to have a good time. But Grandma was undeterred - Babies 'R Us shopping extravaganza - OUT; snuggling - IN. So we hung out, went to visit the hub's granny, made chicken pot pie, spaghetti sauce with tomatoes from the garden, and Barefoot Contessa's toasted coconut marshmallows. I also got to pick Grandma's brain about ideas for Britton's first birthday party, and made her cry when I previewed my video photo slideshow of Britton's first year. That means it's a keeper! We also ganged up on anyone in the neighborhood who thought it neighborly to be shooting off fireworks all night long WHEN MY SICK BABY IS TRYING TO SLEEP. Our "stink eyes" were at their best, I tell you. Britton appreciated our efforts.



Grandma and Britton played peek-a-boo all weekend long and Britton never got tired of it. She also never got tired of her game where she hands Grandma every diaper out of the basket while Grandma tells her "thank you" after each one. Britton even started saying something that sounded an awful lot like "thank you" as she handed them over.



Pretending not to like walking, something she LOVES. Already a teenager.



See those top teeth? She has four of them up there, and appears to have inherited the gap between her front ones from me (the gap it took THREE YEARS of braces to get rid of). Something tells me that the hub and I are going to be converting our retirement accounts into "Britton's braces" account. Either way, her smile is adorable, so I can't complain!



Want to know a secret? I actually gave birth to Elton John. True story.



Britton also showed off another "first" for Grandma wherein she dumps all of her bows out of the basket and then puts them back in, one by one, very methodically. Grandma rewarded her by putting every bow in her hair.



Here's Britton's best Justin Bieber impression. Or Greyson Michael Chance, if we want to go local. If you don't know what I'm referring to, here's my answer to everything - google it. You will be amazed.



And as I'm putting Britton down for her nap this afternoon, I heard a huge crash in the kitchen. Silly me for leaving the high chair tray where Sadie couldn't quite reach it! I'll have to remember next time to just put it on the floor. And cover it in steak and shredded cheese, as per her highness's request. Would Sadie also like an after-dinner mint?

No comments:

Post a Comment