Monday, July 12, 2010

aunt jessica's visit

Jessica came for a visit! She hasn't been here since Britton was born, so it was fantastic to have four days to hang out and catch up. Of course, we had an agenda, as Jessica found out the day before her trip that she is having a.......wait for it........GIRL! So, Britton's clothes needed to be sorted and borrowed, and much shopping of all things pink was to be had. We cleared out Babies 'R Us, StorkLand, USA Baby, and Kohl's. Also Cupcakes to Go Go and Braum's ice cream, but that's a different kind of indulgence.

Jessica did convince me that this vinyl tree at Kohls, 50% off at $11, was a much better deal than the one I had been eyeing on Etsy (for $89). She was right.



And Jessica arrived with Britton's first birthday presents! Showing up with gifts will get you a foot rub and treated to lunch around here. The hub was out of town Thursday and Friday nights, so poor Britton had to wait until Saturday morning to open her gifts.




Footie pajamas with her name on the butt flap. Love it! These are gracing our family Christmas card photo!



And a beautiful elephant keepsake box. If you know me at all, you know I love elephants, and Jessica shares this love equally, if not more so. It can hold a curl from her first haircut, or her first lost tooth, or any little things Britton may deem as treasure.



Jessica also treated Britton to some stacking cups, which she loved. She would hand the cups to us, one by one, then take them back, and do it all over again.





On Saturday night, the hip folks we are, took to a spirited game of Trivial Pursuit. Then it was off to bed because we're old and need our sleep. Come Sunday, I drove Jessica to the airport and hung out with her while she waited in the security line. I didn't want to leave that line. We had such a good time, and I miss her so much. It is a palpable emptiness when I spend too much time away from my sister. Our relationship is a constant reminder that Britton needs a sibling too. Just not anytime in the near future. It feels like I won't see her forever, but Baby Drinks is due at Thanksgiving and I'll make the trip out to help, like Jessica did when Britton was born. I can't wait to meet this newest member of our family!

I cam back from the airport to find Britton "helping" the hub with bed-making. She's a pro!



And, on a side note, Jessica and I spotted these jean diapers at Babies 'R Us, and since the hub had shown interest I picked some up. Cheesy as all get out, yes. But they negate the need for shorts or pants, which is always a good thing when you're just hanging out at home, filling the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment