Monday, May 7, 2018

barrett: 5 years old!



Today, my baby Barrett turned 5!  I'm oddly ill-prepared to handle this milestone - it's hit me all of a sudden that Barrett will be starting kindergarten in a few short months, and my little kids are not so little anymore.  


Barrett is an old soul - he's always possessed a calm and knowing nature, and his empathy is so deep that he has been known to cry when other people are hurting.  He loves to have his back tickled, his arms tickled, his legs tickled - he craves touch.  He will snuggle on a whim.  When it is time to leave preschool, his friends will line up for a hug, because his hugs are so good.  I've never known this kid to let go in a hug first, and his embrace feels like the kind of reassurance that makes you believe in all things good.  I don't overstate his good nature - Barrett is very easy to love.


Barrett has discovered Britton's Shopkins, and gets such a kick out of them!  I found some of Britton's old Shopkins books, and Barrett has read them all multiple times.  So it was definitely time for some new books!  We also got him some LEGO Ninjago and Paw Patrol, of course.  Cammy hooked him up with some Paw Patrol toys and pajamas, and a sweet book that pulled at the heartstrings - "On the Night You Were Born."  I may or may not have teared up (I did) when reading it tonight.  Luckily, the utter stupidity of the new Shopkins books pulled me up!


Likes:  "Believer" and "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons, scootering around the neighborhood, birthday cake for all meals

Dislikes:  having to eat dinner to get dessert/cake




No comments:

Post a Comment