Sunday, December 31, 2017

have yourself a merry little christmas

Admittedly, I have been super-lazy this Christmas vacation!  But I'm all riled up about the fireworks going off tonight and keeping my kids up needlessly that I needed something to do to channel my energies.  So, I'm finally getting around to posting about Christmas!  

Memaw and PawPaw came to visit the week before, and we all got to go to Britton's piano recital together.  Then I had three days of work while everyone else was hanging out and starting vacation.  But that just made the Thursday before Christmas all that much sweeter because I got to join them!  Unfortunately, PawPaw was on call back in Ohio, so he had to head out on the 23rd.  We decided to keep ourselves busy, and got started on Santa's cookies!





Memaw took us bowling on Friday, and then on Saturday she, Britton, and I went to see the "Greatest Showman" movie, which was fantastic.  We like to change up the theme of our Christmas Eve dinner every year, and this year Memaw treated us to Louisiana cooking!  She made gumbo - so good! - and I ordered a king cake from New Orleans.


Barrett refused the gumbo, but accepted a Christmas cookie as his dinner


Just like that, it was Christmas morning!  The kids got us up at 6:30ish, and we ventured downstairs to see what Santa had left.  Score!  Both kids got scooters, and Britton got Shopkins, a makeup kit (only for fun dress up at home), LOL little sister dolls, a "Real Live Pet" kitten, and a Hermione costume for her American Girl dolls.  Barrett got the Paw Patrol Sea Patroller, play dough, PJ Masks, and LEGO sets of the Batmobile and Ninjago.  They both also received clothes, LEGO sets from Memaw and PawPaw of camper sets, books, and craft sets.   



The scene from the family room Christmas afternoon - no real need to get dressed or go anywhere, so we hung out and played with all the new toys!


Merry Christmas, ya'll!




No comments:

Post a Comment