Wednesday, November 1, 2017

happy halloween!

We've been excited for Halloween for weeks now - both kids ready to premiere their costumes and of course, eat their weights in candy!  Unfortunately, the weather didn't much care, because we were treated to downpours all evening!  We started out at our neighbor Tina' house for a pre-trick-or-treat party, then when we had a small break in the weather, we set out for candy.  Barrett made it a few houses before getting tired of being wet, so the hubs took him home.  I stayed out with Britton, and I've got the cold today to prove it!

Britton was Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series!  We are halfway through book 6 (of 7).  We picked up the crest, tie, and wand from Universal at Britton's birthday trip, and I sewed the crest to an old graduation robe.



Barrett was Rocky from the Paw Patrol!  Rocky is the recycling/fix-it pup, so I made Barrett a "truck" out of an Amazon box.  I got the hat and added the felt paw print, then made a collar.  

  

Rocky, for reference:


Between the rain and the Astros playing the sixth game, I figured that there wouldn't be many people out.  I was wrong!  We were out of candy by 7:30 pm, and Britton, soaked through, was sorting candy before bed.


I call the Reese's Cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment