Wednesday, February 24, 2016

hello and goodbye, snowman


We got some real snowstorms rolling in last week, which is still exciting to us because we haven't had much this winter.  This snow was different, in that it was perfect snowman rolling snow.  Since sledding was off the table - there wasn't enough snow for good sledding - Britton and I went out to make a snowman!

She remembered this story I told her a while ago about using food coloring in a spray bottle to color our snowmen when Jessica and I were kids.  If I remember correctly, we made a snow dinosaur and sprayed him green!  So I grabbed the spray bottle and Britton picked out turquoise food coloring.  She then named him "Mr. Blue."



Sadly, as all snowmen do, Mr. Blue melted in our beautiful sun-filled warm weather this week.  All that remained in the yard was the small pom pom balls (his eyes and smile) and his scarf.  But I'm sure there will be more snow and more snowmen!


A quick story.....When I got home, and had wandered into the yard to check out the scarf and pom pom balls, I noticed Britton in a chair next to the fence.   Our neighbor caddy-corner to us has grandkids about Britton's age who come to visit every now and then.  It wasn't a problem for them to come over and play because they went through the neighbor's yard behind us.  Lo and behold, those neighbors put in a fence (to keep their crazy German Shepherd in the yard) and there's no way for the grandkids to get to our yard anymore.  So Britton and one of the girls dragged chairs to the fence line, and sat and chatted for a while.  It just struck me how adorable that is, and it's the kind of memory I'd easily forget but wish I hadn't.  So I had to share it.



No comments:

Post a Comment