Thursday, December 4, 2014

I triple dog dare you to not love our Christmas card!

Thanks to a photography session in the the middle of October and a lazy work afternoon at the beginning of November, I had these Christmas cards ordered, delivered, and ready to go out on Thanksgiving.  With such a late Thanksgiving this year, I wanted these cards to go out as soon as possible, but of course not before Thanksgiving.  

I've been mulling this card in my mind for a couple of years now.  And, honestly, it was about time we just went ahead and bought the leg lamp.  I knew that the lamp came in the "his end up/fragile" box, so that was a go.  I went ahead and ordered the bunny pajamas from the Christmas Story gift shop - it is an exact replica of the one from the movie.  That Red Rider?  It's not one - it's the Daisy bb gun my dad got me when I turned 10 years old.  And the glasses were found at Party City, thanks to their Halloween costume stocking.  Truth be told - that's the second pair of glasses.  Britton fell in love with the glasses when I ordered them from Amazon, and somehow they went missing.  I could not find them anywhere.  So, I stopped off at Party City and got another pair.  You know what happened next - I found the first pair a week after the photo shoot!


While I for some reason didn't mind shelling out a lot of money for the bunny costume, I was unwilling to spend a ton of money to replicate Randy's coat.  So, I ordered a Hanes hooded sweatshirt in maroon, and found a striped scarf.  The final touch was the rotisserie chicken, which Boomer had no problem eating but Sadie froze in fear.  Maybe she thought she'd get in trouble?  It's the only time she hasn't chowed down on food within 8 inches of the floor - what a diva!


For the back, we just picked out our favorite photo from the park photo shoot in October.  This is the first card in a long time where the adults are left out.  I like mixing it up, and while we most certainly will go back to the family portrait, I love this card.

Want some funny outtakes?

My stand-in to check the light

Memaw wrangled the doggies

I totally would have gone with a photo of Barrett stroking the leg lamp (it was just so spot-on with the movie), but I couldn't find a shot where I could see Barrett's face!




And, that's a wrap!  When one of your models goes tumbling forward out of the box, you're done.



1 comment:

  1. I got my card in the mail last week! I opened it and might have squealed a little! It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete