Tuesday, March 18, 2014

adios, helmet

Here he is, wearing his helmet for the last time.  I took Barrett for his three month head scan yesterday (seriously, three months already?!) and the orthotics guy was certain that the helmet was coming off today.  I won't drown on about the numbers, but suffice it to say that Barrett's head is symmetrical and perfect and round and in no way flat anymore.  Luck was on our side, as was timing and a convenient head growth spurt.




Barrett's hair has gotten so long.  And light.  And curly.  It's amazing how much I missed out on seeing when a helmet covered his head 23 hours a day.  I snuggled him extra close during his bedtime bottle, realizing that it had been too long since he could get really close into my arm crook.



The before and after.  It looks so subtle on paper.  But he's gone from flat to Charlie Brown and this scan proves it.  And the helmet has been put away, no longer needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment