Sunday, January 6, 2013

baby deuce: 22 weeks


Let me tell you a little story.  Last summer, back before Baby Deuce existed, the hub and I booked a cruise.  Something fun, just for us, our little trip away during the icy snowy winter.  We were all set to send in our confirmation for the February 7th date, when the email popped up with some questions.  One question which is "Will anyone in your party be over 24 weeks pregnant at time of departure?"  I pulled up a calendar and quickly figured out I'll be 27 weeks then.  

And so it begins that the hub and I spent the next couple of hours moving our trip to NEXT WEEK.  That's right - in exactly one week I'll be sitting on a giant boat in the Caribbean.  23 weeks pregnant!

As far as the last two weeks have gone, I'm more sore than I used to be.  Going up stairs takes great effort, and I can't get comfortable at night anymore.  I switch from side to side, hugged up on my body pillow, trying to stop my sides from going numb.  Add in heartburn, and I'm just one sorry case!

Not to mention that my gestational diabetes test came back, and surprising to no one, I failed.  Big time. I'm on Day 3 of the gestational diabetes diet, and while my blood sugar is under control I am irritated about not eating what I want when I want.  It's going to be a long 18 weeks without cereal!

Other than my whining about swollen limbs and an insulin-resistant placenta, things are going well.  I have an ultrasound at 28 weeks to check for growth and my low-lying placenta.  Hopefully by then my placenta will have moved up and away from the cervix, like it did with Britton.  Until then, I'm getting ready for my cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment