Monday, August 20, 2012

baby shower for jason

So I bailed on unpacking the basement, and went to visit my sister Jessica and her clan!  We had planned her shower for Sunday, but I went on Thursday so I could see everyone for more than just a weekend.  I haven't visited with Jessica and her family since Christmas, and now that I can drive there we will definitely be doing it more often.  Bonus - I got to see Jessica's new house!

Emily is super-excited about that camera

My mom came up too, so it was a downright family reunion.  Emily put Cammy to work rolling out play dough.  She's a firecracker and hard for my tired self to keep up with, but she just got such a kick out of having two people there who looked like her mommy! 


We went with a whale/nautical/boy theme for the shower, and Saturday night Jessica and I put these water bottle labels together.  That's Jason's ultrasound picture!



Us and our Jen - we figured out that Jen has been to all four of Jessica's baby showers!  She's the friend I've stayed in touch with the longest, and we've all known each other before the husbands and babies.  When the three of us get together, the conversation never stops.  And I love that.



Garrett and Caroline attended the shower too.  Later that night Caroline and I hunted down every "Sweet Valley Twin" book we could find on Amazon.  I got her a couple of the books for Christmas, and she's hooked.  


I got this set for Jessica before I knew she was having a boy.  But since Tim crabs, I figured it was worth the gamble to guarantee Carter's wouldn't discontinue it!  Jessica loved it.


Ahhhh, the baby quilt!  I finished this quilt the day before I left for my visit.  More to come on the specifics.  But suffice it to say, I absolutely loved how the quilt turned out - colors, design, fabrics - they all came together better than I could plan.  


Jessica got great baby gifts!  There were a lot of clothes, but she's really starting from scratch since her last son is now 12 years old.  I also gave her a video monitor, because anyone who will listen to me about must-have baby items knows I still use my video monitor to this day.  Cammy got her a Fisher Price Rock and Play, and she also received an activity seat.  Every present was perfect, and this baby is all set for his arrival now!

No comments:

Post a Comment