Thursday, June 23, 2011

happy (belated) father's day!

We did celebrate Father's Day on Sunday, but I have not had a chance to share because my sister and her family were staying with since last Friday. It felt like we never slowed down, and I will update on their visit over a series of posts.

But come Sunday morning, I let the hub sleep in (oh how he loathes when I refer to it as "letting" him sleep in) and then had Britton bring his card to him. I had let her draw all over it with crayons, then wrote him a message over the artwork. I got the hub two presents (really, one from Sadie and one from Britton if we're getting technical) and he loved them.

First he got a pair of cufflinks of the flying WV from WVU! He has to wear a tie every day to work, and he's taken a liking to french cuff shirts, which require cufflinks.



I also picked up this mug from Michaels (really, I use the term "mug" loosely as it explicitly says not to use for food or drink). I had Britton color it ALL BY HERSELF, even though they were permanent markers, and then I wrote "Father's Day 2011" on the side with the one color she didn't use.



Later that morning we all went to the Botanic Gardens in Fort Worth for a group picture, then pizza for lunch. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment