Monday, December 20, 2010

she is her mother's daughter

Sometimes Britton is not awake and ready to get the heck out of her crib and start the day at the time I need her to be awake and ready to get the heck out of her crib and start the day. This usually falls on a Monday morning. Look, none of us want to get up early and get ready for work and drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic while sipping cold coffee. But, hey, we all make sacrifices. And Britton's sacrifice is to get up at 6:30 a.m. My sacrifice is to keep that schedule and be forced to get up at 6:30 a.m. on the weekends. Because, frankly, Britton's internal clock doesn't care if it's Monday or Sunday.

So this morning I go in to wake her, and I notice that she is all splayed out. I'm watching her sleep, listening to her little sighs, and I notice it. She is sleeping in what Jessica and I have dubbed the "Heisman pose." I think it may have actually been Jessica's hub who coined the phrase, but I will take this opportunity to take credit regardless. Anywho, you'll notice the distinct one-leg-up positioning, with the other leg stretched out. Jessica and I both sleep like this and it cracks me up.



For ya'll who don't know, the Heisman trophy is given out each year to the most outstanding player in college football. On a side note, Cam Newton of Auburn won this year, and since that is ridiculous I am under the pending assumption that the award was not given out this year and instead everyone nominated went to Dairy Queen for butterscotch-dipped cones.

Past my useless sidenote, once I recognized that Britton was in fact "pulling a Heisman," I tip-toed to the office, grabbed the camera, and took a picture. Doesn't she just look so comfy?

No comments:

Post a Comment