Sunday, February 2, 2020

126 months old





New glasses in her signature color

January might have dragged on and on and on, but this school year is flying by.  How am I choosing courses for sixth grade already?!  Middle school is a whole new ballgame, and while Britton may be ready and excited, I am trying to be.  I've been giving Britton her independence (riding around the neighborhood with friends), and opportunities to be responsible (be home at a certain time) and accountable.  We even rode our bikes to Starbucks!  She's got a "Friendship Party" coming up for Valentine's Day, and student council duties.  And Britton auditioned for Mary Poppins, Jr. and got the part of the bird woman, a kite flyer, and a customer.  The bird woman part is really exciting because she's just one of a handful of kids who got named character parts, and she gets a singing solo!


Speaking of bikes - Britton's was way too small.  It had seen better days, but man, that bike was a struggle for her.  I asked her what bike she wanted and she said "a dreamsicle bike" and lo and behold, Huffy makes an orange and cream beach cruiser!  I ordered some vinyl decals from Etsy (Turtle's Soup, amazing stuff, and I may or may not (I did) have bought myself a sloth pin) including a dreamsicle cat (yes, all things cat with Britton) and she decided to put them all on her bike.  Well, I took pictures of the decals, but not of the entire bike, so mom fail over here!



Likes:  her new bike - it's so easy to ride, chicken salad (her new lunch must-have)

Dislikes:  her new glasses fogging up so easily - I must remember to order defogger tonight 

No comments:

Post a Comment