Saturday, October 7, 2017

barrett: 53 months old



I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - this kid is just a light!  His smile is infectious, he's rambunctious and sweet and loves swinging and some days it seems like all he'll eat is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I rarely get sass from this one, but when I do, whew, he erupts until he's finished.  Mostly though, Barrett is content to follow Britton around, play with Paw Patrol toys, watch videos on his Kindle, and chase Nella through the house.  


He surprised us with the "There are Seven Days in a Week" song AND sang the days all in order!  At school they are learning about calendars, days of the week, and weekdays versus weekends.  Despite learning about calendars, Barrett is convinced Christmas is next week, if only because he really wants some Paw Patrol Sea Patrol toys and I had him write them on his Christmas list for Santa.  He insisted on writing the list himself, and in the end the list consists of his name written a couple of times, but it's fun to cheer this guy on - he's firmly in the "do it myself" realm.


He loves wrestling and being tossed around, and evidenced by his fun with the hubs this morning!


His beloved Paw Patrol Look-Out, Paw Patroller, and various trucks and figures.  There are some "Cars" vehicles in there too, for good measure.  


Likes:  hot dogs with cheese/mustard/onions, running laps at the park (I set my stopwatch and time him and Britton - the competition wears them out!), Thomas the Tank Engine books

Dislikes:  eating dinner (he's either famished or not hungry at all - there's no in between these days)

No comments:

Post a Comment