Friday, June 2, 2017

94 months old

The wings, crown, and wand are part of the wish-granting genie Britton was today!

Britton is still a few months from turning 8 years old, but she seems older to me every day.  I won't belabor my whining about it, but I do feel like time is speeding up and passing by and there's a good chance that if I don't sit her down, grab her by the arms, and study every inch of her that I will miss her at this moment.  

                           

Last weekend Britton set up a "store" in our foyer.  It was fantastic!  She used a box as a cash register, put prices on books and shoes and various knick knacks, set up the gym mat as a door, and opened for business.  Then we all went through her store, pretended to pay for our items (she added them all up for us), put our purchases in a bag, and told us to "have a nice day!"  I got such a kick out of it, and Barrett was her most enthusiastic shopper (who didn't quite understand that he didn't get to keep his purchases!).


Swimming is hands-down Britton's favorite outdoor activity.  I am so thankful that we bought a house with a pool!  Britton swims like a fish, and has taught Barrett how to enjoy being in the water.  


Likes:  ice cream and popsicles (we've had some hot weather lately!), the second Harry Potter book - we're trucking through them, gymnastics, and playing with neighborhood friends, endless Yahtzee games - she always wins!

Dislikes:  when Barrett gets on her nerves, having to wear her retainer


No comments:

Post a Comment