Monday, May 15, 2017

mother's day 2017

The only thing I really wanted for Mother's Day was to sleep in.  Not where the kids loudly proclaim, "We just want to see if Mom is awake!" outside my door as the hubs yells, "Don't wake her up! Come watch Paw Patrol!" I mean, really sleep in, where I don't wake up at 5:30 am (my usual wake-up call) or have a bursting bladder at 7:00 am.  And it happened - 9:18 am, glorious glorious sleep!

Then on to my other must-haves - kolaches from our favorite place, and iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts (but NOT kolaches from Dunkin Donuts because those aren't tasty at all).  Then home to run some errands followed by a swim in the pool.  A nice relaxing fun day!  And I got to enjoy my presents - a handprint bag from Barrett and a card and poem from Britton.  



The hubs surprised me with a gift card for a Thai massage in town (I had a traditional Thai massage in Thailand and it worked every last inch of my body to the point where I was jelly and after sitting in a cube for the last 8 months I really need another).  All in all, a great day with some fantastic treasured gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment