Wednesday, March 8, 2017

barrett: 46 months old


I'm a day late (again) with a good excuse - I had my gallbladder removed yesterday!  More on that some other time, but I was pretty out of it yesterday, so the monthly photo session was pushed to today.  

Barrett is definitely rocking his "Princess Diana" shag hair, and honestly, it doesn't occur to us to cut it!  But no doubt when it starts to warm up around here, he's going to need less hair keeping him hot.  Barrett is absolutely into his 3s now - wanting to do everything by himself, but only being able to do about 25% of it.  Then he gets frustrated, and lashes out at whoever is physically closest.  Luckily, we've found redirecting him and/or ignoring the whining helps greatly.  


Though most of the time, this kid is sweetness.  When he saw my blown-out vein in my arm (where a nurse totally messed up putting in an IV) and the bruising, he kissed it to "make it better."  And he's very aware of sitting on my lap and not leaning back on my incisions.  And he's started riding his bike by himself (with training wheels)!  


Likes:  Paw Patrol, school, fighting with Britton over bouncy balls, Girl Scout cookies

Dislikes:  the blue ball, no the purple ball, no the blue ball, nope the purple ball (and again and again)

No comments:

Post a Comment