Friday, October 28, 2016

happy birthday to me!

Isn't it strange how birthdays seem so everyday when you're an adult?  No all-day celebration of turning (ugh) 38, because we had Cammy visiting and some kid activities to attend!  First up, both kids went to school, and the hubs and I went to early vote.  I love having it out of the way, so now I can ignore all things election-related until November 8th.  Sweet relief!  Then the hubs and I ripped some rose bushes out of the front flower beds and replaced them with shrubs and lantana.  Cammy babysat Sadie while she sunned her belly.  

After lunch, the hubs, Cammy, and I went to Britton's school for her Adventure Dash.  All week her school has been fundraising, and today every class got to do an obstacle course.  It was hot (of course, because you know, Texas), but the kids loved every minute of it.


Britton is in the pink shorts in the middle
The school raised almost $40,000 in just five days!  Britton's class raised the most for the second grade, and won a popsicle party and a pajama day.


Then, before my birthday dinner at El Canton - the fantastic wood-fired pizza place, we went to watch Barrett in his costume parade.  All of the kids participated, and they were ridiculously adorable in their costumes.  


Barrett would wave every time his class walked by, and tried to escape and come hang out with us.  His teacher said one of the kids had a skeleton mask, and it really scared Barrett.


Nothing like icing and decorating cookies right before dinner!


When we got home from dinner, we had cake, because you have to have cake on your birthday!  The hubs got me the pumpkin spice cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes, and it delivered.  The cake and cream cheese icing weren't too sweet, which was a nice change from usual birthday cake.  


I let Britton take the photos, and she captured this gem of me blowing out my candles!  But it's real and silly and I get a kick out of seeing it.  I think 38 is going to be alright alright alright (the hubs and I may or may not have watched "Dazed and Confused" last night.  Yes, we did).


No comments:

Post a Comment