Monday, March 21, 2016

hunting for eggs

Our neighborhood Easter egg hunt was held yesterday, and both kids were really excited about going.  We woke up Sunday morning to snow flurries, beautiful fluffy flakes swirling through the air.  I've been feeling a little nostalgic about snow lately, and I was excited to see it in the morning.  Too bad it was too warm this week to actually stick!  But in the end, the snow didn't keep us from the hunting egg-stravaganza (oh, you know I had to go there).


Britton and Barrett each got 12 eggs, which neither kid was happy about.  I thought 12 would be enough, but apparently 100 wouldn't have been enough, so that's fine.  Nothing a little Capri Sun and Rice Krispy treat couldn't fix!  (And I mean the hubs and I ignoring the whining while digging into the Capri Suns and Rice Krispy treats!). 


The kids were frozen, so we went home so they could check out their loot.  Chocolate and Starbursts were some favorites.  


And now both kids are egg-cited (I seriously can't stop) about the Easter baskets the Easter bunny is bringing next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment