Monday, March 7, 2016

barrett: 34 months old


Check out this little stinker!  Barrett has his sweet moments, when he climbs onto the hubs to "nap," when he tells me he wants to snuggle before bedtime, when he gets so excited about a certain book he wants to read it 3 times.  But sometimes, well, you can tell he's about to turn 3!  I remember when Britton was 3, how I was completely unprepared because I thought 2 was the awful why-did-I-have-kids age,  when the big cosmic joke was unfolding that 3 was so much worse than 2.  I know it's a function of frustration that Barrett can't always make us understand what he wants, but also that we won't let him do what he wants to do whenever he wants to do it.  Because no, we can't ride in the Cozy Coupe for two hours.  Well, Barrett can, but I sure don't want to!


Barrett is still in his crib, and while he's getting taller every day, I will leave him in a crib forever.  I chuckle to myself when my co-workers, first-time parents, are "transitioning" their kid to a bed at 18 months old.  What a beating!  Nope, I'm leaving Barrett in his crib until that horrible day he can climb out, and then my ability to get 7 hours of sleep in a row will be destroyed by Barrett's ability to roam the house. 


Barrett loves counting, and it doesn't matter much to him if he's counting correctly or not.  I find it adorable, especially when he skips from 14 to 17 to 20 and then gets a huge proud grin on his face.  He terrorizes the cat, runs after the dog, loves the swing and slide, and thinks "The Wheels on the Bus" is as good as it gets.  Barrett isn't the opposite of Britton and he's not Britton's clone - he's a boy all his own.


Likes:  mac and cheese, jelly on any bread item, Frosted Mini Wheats, riding his bike, blocks, playing with his cars, reading books

Dislikes:  lately it's been going to bed but I shut that down pretty quickly,  having to go anywhere he slightly doesn't want to go in whichever form of transportation we are using (if we're going in the hubs' truck, he wants to go in my car, for instance)

No comments:

Post a Comment