Friday, October 2, 2015

74 months old


I think I will continue to do monthly posts on this little lady for as long as she will let me!  Sure, at 6 years old (and 2 months), she doesn't change from month to month as much as a baby would.  But in that fleeting moment where I catch sight of Britton out of the corner of my eye and swear she's grown up in a second, I know that if I don't capture it now I won't see it.  And I'll look back and realize how much she has changed, how much she has grown, and I'll know I didn't see it until it was over.  She's not ticking off milestones from a baby chart, but she's growing and learning and becoming so much more of herself every day.


Britton is doing great in first grade!  She loves school, even professes to love homework, and might just claim recess as her favorite class.  This is the first time in her schooling where the hubs and I aren't intimately involved, like in daycare - where we've had to learn how to be hands off and hope she'll tell us enough about her day that we know how her day went.  She plays with the neighborhood kids now, and always wants me to play a game of hide-and-seek tag.  Britton loves Shopkins, especially trading them with her friends.  


Britton's reading is progressing well, and she loves reading (and getting read to) every night.  We're currently reading every American Girl doll chapter book the library carries.  Her claim to fame right now is her jack o'lantern smile - just in time for Halloween - with her missing teeth slowly but surely coming in.  


Likes:  walking to the bus stop by herself, iCarly, Girl Scouts starting back up, helping me decorate for Halloween

Dislikes:  stopping the fun to have to go up to bath

No comments:

Post a Comment