Sunday, July 12, 2015

the great American road trip


I don't remember taking a lot of road trips with my family while growing up, and that may be because Jessica and I had a thing about continuously fighting if we were in the car together for more than two hours.  We took road trips to the Outer Banks, to Washington, DC, and I do remember an overnight drive to Florida.  Honestly, the idea of getting into my car with my family for a multi-day trip makes me tired!  But not Memaw and PawPaw, who invited Britton to join them on a trek to Oklahoma City.  Barrett is a few years too young for that long of a trip!  Britton was so excited to go, making sure to ask me if it might be sunny in Oklahoma - poor girl (poor us) has dealt with enough rain this summer!  I printed out a map for her to color in as they passed through the states on their way.

Britton loved swimming in the hotel pool every day.  And they got to go out and visit Oklahoma City fun spots, even though the Red Hawks baseball game they were planning on attending was rained out.  The hubs and I never thought to take a river cruise while we lived there, but Britton had a blast!


First picture ever that Britton looks like me
And they got to visit Granny!  Granny is the hubs' grandmother, and it was such a treat for Britton to get to see her great grandmother.  We send Granny school pictures and such, but a visit is the real deal.


Their trip home wasn't as easy as the trip there - construction and rain storms made the journey drag on.  But luckily they all arrived home, safely and in good spirits!  And Britton, Memaw, and PawPaw had a fun summer road trip under their belts.  Where to next - Wallyworld?!

No comments:

Post a Comment