Sunday, November 14, 2010

say cheese

I won a silent auction at work for a photography session and 11x14 portrait, valued at $760. Seeing as I didn't spend nearly that for the package, I gleefully called up the photographer and booked a session for this morning. We met up with Katy at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens at 8:30 this morning. While I thought I was doing well factoring in Britton's morning wake-up time and nap time, I didn't account for the 42 degree frost-covered morning. Luckily, we had planned to put her in a sweater and a pea coat for her pictures, so it worked out.

We thought about doing a portrait with Britton and Sadie, but to do the portraits at the Gardens you can't bring dogs during weekend hours. Something about more visitors then so it creates quite the disturbance. Though I could have been a smart ass and mentioned how I didn't think the Botanic Gardens at 8:30 on a Sunday morning rivaled Disney World during spring break. She did say we could photograph Britton and Sadie in the studio instead, but I specifically wanted outdoor pictures. If I want a plain white studio background, I'll go to Target and save myself some money.

After her photo shoot (which involved many many many rounds of "If You're Happy and You Know It" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to get Britton to smile for the stranger with the giant camera) we let Britton run around at the Gardens, then treated her to breakfast at McDonalds. I know, I know. But the girl needs some sausage and hot cakes every now and then, and she was the trooper putting up with Katy and her freakishly big camera and temperatures that Texans believe are considered "freezing."

Here are some pictures of Britton at the Botanic Gardens. You'll notice her Winnie hanging out of her mouth (though Winnie was hidden for the photo shoot), as chewing on Winnie is the only thing that relieves her teething pain. Somehow a pacifier addiction isn't seeming like such a bad thing, especially when I have to smell that Winnie after a day of fierce chewing.




1 comment:

  1. Briton is too adorable! She looks like such a little lady in that pea coat!

    ReplyDelete