Thursday, September 30, 2010

hello fall, i've missed you

We've had a little break from the gross hot weather, with temps in the high 70s and low 80s. For me, this is heaven. I don't do well in heat, I sweat if it breaks 90 degrees, and I prefer sweaters and coats to shorts and bathing suits. I think I may have lived in Fargo in a previous life.

So, Grandma and I went to Target to get Britton a jacket. And wouldn't you know it I found TWO, one is a hoodie and one is a super-cute pea coat. The coat is much heavier, so I bought it a size bigger in the hopes it will fit in the coming months. Truth be told, I scoffed at the sweaters and coats filling up the clothing racks in stores around here, as the idea of "winter" in Texas must be a joke. They don't regularly get tons of snow, there aren't wind chills of below freezing, and I doubt I'll ever have to warm my car up in the morning. But I really do hope it gets cold. I love that cold air, that hits your face and makes your nose run and your eyes water, and it smells so clean. I love fall. Love it. No doubt, my favorite season.




And with fall comes colds, and Britton has got one! She started out with a runny nose and crusty eyes (could be ragweed allergies), and we took her to urgent care on Saturday morning when her eyes were so crusty she practically couldn't see. Wrong move. Because they noticed her ear was clogged and attempted to squirt water in there to make it drain. It didn't. But it did give her a raging ear infection she hadn't had before. And one pediatrician appointment and one ENT appointment later, we're armed with ear drops and the hope that the tube is still in her left ear.

Of course, Britton is feeling better and loves to show it...

No comments:

Post a Comment