Sunday, November 4, 2018

ugh, turning 40

Last week I turned the dreaded 4-0.  It wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be (or movies have led me to believe), but that might be because I really just avoided even thinking about the actual number!  Cammy came to visit and we celebrated with a spa day - massage, mani, and pedi.  Then, on recommendation of the nail tech, we went next door to the French bakery for lunch, and it was so good!  Cammy and I really classed the joint up by wearing our pedi flip flops over to the restaurant, and showed off our massage glows.



On Saturday night, we all went to Lupe Tortilla for birthday dinner, and sadly no one thought to tip off the waiter so that the hubs would have to cringe through a waiter-led round of "Happy Birthday!" The kids played in the sand box outside while we enjoyed some incredible fajitas.  Then, we went home for a Nothing Bundt Cakes carrot cake with extra cream cheese icing, and it was incredibly moist and delicious.



A milestone birthday,  good times had by all, and I'll ignore the whole 4-0 part!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment