Monday, July 30, 2018

my fall quilt

Remember my goal of 2018 to make more quilts for myself?  Well, I started the year with a Christmas quilt, and I've now completed a fall quilt!  I was itching to do a log cabin pumpkin quilt, and wanted to use scrappy colors that a pumpkin could be - I've seen pumpkins from orange to red to brown, from green to yellow to white, and my pumpkins all turned out unique.  


The backing is Kona "Windsor," a beautiful dark blue (the photo below more accurately shows the color), the binding is an orange and yellow gingham, and the backing is a beautiful vintage-looking fabric from Joanns.  

I quilted the sashing with straight lines, and stippled inside each pumpkin.  Once washed and dried it turned out so crinkly and cuddly!  I'm glad this quilt can be used for all of fall, and I purposefully stayed away from Halloween themes so I could keep it out from the end of September through my Christmas quilt's debut.




No comments:

Post a Comment