Sunday, January 1, 2017

the harvey quilt


Two of my co-workers recently had babies - you saw Nixon's quilt, so here is Harvey's!  I work with Harvey's mom, Rachel, and we had a joint baby shower for her and Nixon's mom, April.  Harvey is Rachel's first baby, and she knew she was having a boy.  I knew her nursery was decorated in grey and navy, so I wanted to stick with those colors, and also arrow accents.  But I also knew that I was quickly running out of time to get a quilt done, and I had the perfect quilt listed in the Etsy shop.  So I deactivated this quilt in the shop, and sent it on its way to Harvey!

The pattern is "Swiss" by Thimble Blossoms.  I used all of the navy and dark blue scraps I had!  The backing is a Cloud 9 arrow patterns from Joanns (they don't have it in stock anymore, so I can't find the name), and the grellow (green + yellow) binding is also by Cloud 9.


I quilted it with horizontal rows of extra large zig zag stitches.  It was a fun way to quilt, that I need to remember for future quilts.


Rachel loved the quilt, and she even cried when she opened the gift bag.  I also made her a small stuffed dog to coordinate with the quilt (pattern is from Shabby Fabrics) since she has three dogs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment