Wednesday, December 14, 2016

some Christmas sewing

I've been doing non-stop Christmas sewing since the end of October.  I'm sharing some today, in this photo-heavy post!

A table topper for Memaw!  Memaw wanted a topper for her kitchen table, and I came up with this "row" type quilt.  Each row is a different theme, with ornaments, houses, trees, presents, and holly.  I used my Christmas fabric scraps, and backed it in a candy cane flannel.




I made a custom quilt for my Etsy shop!  The lady picked the colors, and the quilt came together quickly - triangles means no pieced blocks!


Jessica asked if I could make a table runner for her in-laws.  They live in Maryland, so Jessica wanted me to use a crab fabric.  I found this one (from Timeless Treasures) and made up the pattern based on a photo Jessica sent me.



I then embroidered their name in the center panel, using my favorite Sacramento font.  


Teacher gifts!  I love making these lined zipper pouches, and I had an idea to use 2.5" squares for the fronts.  Then I added a 2.5" strip of white, on which I embroidered the teacher's name.  I added complimentary stitching above and below the name, the length of the white strip.  The backings are quilted as well, and all of the squares come from various Bonnie and Camille fabrics.

Barrett's preschool teachers

Jessica requested these for Jason's teachers

Britton's teachers
Whew!  You think I'd learn to start earlier, but somehow I never get going until the fire is lit under me.  No doubt I'll be starting new projects over Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment